Our community places great importance on learning and we are excited to partner with education providers and industry to offer a variety of course options relevant to the West Coast.
Right now, Australia’s tourism industry is thriving and on the West Coast of Tasmania we are on the verge of a huge tourism boom.
The West Coast is the gateway to Tasmania’s wilderness. Renowned for its mining industry, the region has set itself a challenge to diversify its economy and develop industries such as tourism, hospitality, aquaculture and renewable energy.
Being community and industry driven, Study Hub West Coast is collaborating with organisations to offer skillsets and specialized training in these industries. We also offer courses requested by the community that benefit them and can lead to employment pathways.
- Taster courses (samples of different industry)
- Work placement
- Accredited and non-accredited professional development
- University College
- Children’s University Australia
- Regional need-based skillsets in tourism and hospitality
- One off specialty training
Key Aspects defining “Community Need” for a Regional Study Hub on the West Coast
- Lack of educational aspiration – intergenerational mindset
- Lack of participation in education coupled with absence of higher education and VET presence
- Accessibility to local learning institutions
- Limited public transport connecting regional towns
- A lack of “community of learning”Difficulty in accessing information about higher education opportunities
- Unemployment/little employability outcomes